Injection Molding – Hot Runner Systems – Quick Color Change: Suggested Purging Procedures
The following are suggested purging procedures for injection molding – hot runner systems as it applies to quick color change.
- Maintain temperature and RPM settings and, when resident resin is below the feed throat, disconnect or shut-off auxiliary feeding equipment and thoroughly clean material feed system, ensuring all components including blenders, hoppers, loaders, filters, magnets, hoses, and drain ports are cleaned.
- Introduce Dyna-Purge (1 to 2 times barrel capacity) into empty hopper or side port and continue to make parts until Dyna-Purge appears in the part. Note: actual amount needed depends on machine conditions.
- With the nozzle still attached to mold base and mold in the open position, purge shots through the barrel and hot runners. If applicable, for difficult channels and gates, run more Dyna-Purge through them by closing off the other gates.
- When Dyna-Purge is below the feed throat, thoroughly clean material feed system as described above.
- Introduce the next production resin.
- Using your next production resin, and with the mold still open, flush out the remaining Dyna-Purge.
- Check gates in mold for any blockage or drool and start production run.
Before performing any procedure, it is the machine operator’s responsibility to be aware of their company’s safety policy, to wear the appropriate personal protective equipment, and to make sure that only authorized personnel are in the area.
Important! The information presented herein, while not guaranteed, was prepared by competent technical personnel and is true to the best of our knowledge. NO WARRANTY OR GUARANTY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IS MADE REGARDING PERFORMANCE, SUITABILITY OR OTHERWISE. This information is not intended to be all-inclusive as to the manner and conditions of use, handling or storage. Other factors may involve other or additional safety or performance considerations. While our technical personnel can respond to questions regarding safe handling and use procedures, safe handling and use remains the responsibility of the customer. No suggestions for use are intended as, and nothing herein shall be construed as, a recommendation to infringe any existing patents or to violate any Federal, State or local laws.
Choose any product and have it shipped today!
Visit Us at K Show
Oct. 16-23, Hall 13, B91-28
Protective Purge Guard
Purge Smart™ with Lava-Shield Protective Purge Guard
New Dyna-Purge A
Excellent for polypropylene (PP)